Throughout my life, I suffered from bouts of depression.
On top of feeling depressed, I judge myself harshly because I had -by society’s standards- a good life, but I was still unhappy.
I had a good job, good friends, a loving boyfriend and family, a lovely home, I’m smart, I have a university degree…
I had all the things and yet, I was depressed… often.
I was also smoking weed every day and binge-watching Netflix, which numbed me more and perpetuated my listless state.
While I didn’t know what would bring on my dispiriting spells, today, I know for sure that they were triggered by my thinking -my mindset.
Besides complaining, nitpicking and judging, I would also mostly point out what was wrong with things and what I didn’t want.
What I realized from my extensive research on the nature of consciousness was that I was going against life’s natural current.
Life is not random and the universe is not without order.
The way it actually works is that life is happening FROM us and our mind-sets the stage.
Our thoughts trigger our emotions and our emotions are the frequency from which we vibrate (our attitude and mood)
And our mood is the energy which the Law of Attraction magnetizes to and amplifies, whether we want it or not.
So it’s as simple as; the feeling of frustration begets frustrating experiences and feeling good begets good feeling experiences.
Once I finally believed and proved to myself through my experiences that this was the way it worked because nothing else did -as I dabbled in it all; from conspiracy theories to regressive therapy,
I decided to give the process* of starting a positive aspects journal a try.
The process consists of writing daily in a journal, only genuine positive aspects about myself and my life in order to magnetize and amplify more of those types of experiences and feelings.
Well, since then;
– I no longer feel stretches of gloominess
– I no longer cry out of desperation or powerlessness, in fact, my tears recently have been of joy and wonderment
– I look forward to the day ahead
– I feel empowered
– I’m clear on what I’m “supposed” to do
– I feel self-assured
– Difficult situations don’t haunt me anymore
– I’ve kicked my weed addiction and been sober for over a year now
– I don’t feel like watching TV every day, let alone binge-watching
– I’ve lost 20.4 lbs … so far ????
– I workout effortlessly 5 days a week on average
– I go to bed genuinely satisfied and sleep like a baby
– I feel alive and eager overall, like when I was a kid …
And the best part is that positive synchronicities abound:
– All the cars give me the right of way on my jog
– People go out of their way to help me
– I’ve been getting more compliments
– All of the answers come
– My meeting gets cancelled to make room for a mani-pedi
– Dogs and birds get close to say hello ❤️…
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all stop-and-smell-the-roses -although it’s getting pretty fckn close.
I do still have disappointing experiences, which I know could lead back to a depressive state.
But the thoughts about those experiences feel so yucky to me now that I’m able to pivot my thinking quickly and easily get back in sync with who I really am and what I want.
You are meant to thrive, just as effortlessly and beautifully as nature does.
Life is supposed to feel good to you.
Train yourself in knowing and applying the rules of the game so that you may play successfully.
Master Course (222$): Awakening to the Framework of Existence https://bit.ly/3rSJ53t
You enjoyed this article? Support by making a donation ❤️
You enjoyed this article, but not enough to make a donation?
Join our FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/organizinghumanity and/or share it and/or follow me on your favourite social media (links in the top right corner) !